Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane


I'll be getting up bright and early tomorrow morning. Most likely it'll be sometime around 5:00 a.m. so I can get ready for the day, do a last minute check to make sure I packed everything, and then it's on the way to the airport.

Libby, the professor who is helping me coordinate everything for my visit to UNLV and a potential adviser for next year, sent me the schedule that I'll be following for the next two and a half days. Looks like I'll be pretty busy! I had guessed that I was going to meet with my two potential advisers and then maybe a few other profs and some students. It turns out that I have meetings set up with 13 different people (and this doesn't include lunches and tours with the grad students)! At first I thought that sounded a little overwhelming, but I'm hoping that it'll be really nice. It will give me a chance to really get a feel for the department and all of the people involved.

I'm really hoping that this trip goes well, because as things stand right now, this is more than likely the school that I'll be attending next year. I'm also excited to see my aunt, uncle, and cousins who I haven't seen in about a year (and their puppies)!

Sometime tomorrow morning, I'll be peaking out my airplane window at scenery such as this. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking 'bout you Julie...sending all's-well vibes. Hope it's working!
    Love,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete