Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Holy Time-Consuming Project, Batman!!

I think it was about a week ago that I started making a photo book online to cover all of the adventures during my four years of undergrad. I've had the idea to make one of these for a while (and started narrowing down photos over winter break), but I finally decided it needed to happen. Why? Because they are on sale right now, and they are expensive, and I am without a lot of funds.

So after a week (give or take a few days) of spending WAYYY too much time on the computer deciding on page layouts and picking out photos that match or are just plain neat, I finally finished the project (... all 65 pages and 275 pictures worth!). Now my eyes are sooo buggy! Too much computer screen for too long!

But once the book arrives, it will sooooo be worth it! Part of me thinks that I should just get normal prints made up and put them into photo albums, but I just love making layouts and grouping stuff together and cropping the photos way too much. (Did I ever mention I was editor-in-chief of the yearbook my senior year of high school? I blame my three years working on that staff for my obsession with the previously mentioned things).


Oh, and a quick thanks to Kathleen for naming me on her most recent blog award. I will come up with some interesting things about myself soon. But for now, I need to get my eyes away from the computer screen. :)

Photo: Me in the yearbook room, probably when I came back to visit after I had graduated. Taken by the 2005-2006 Editor-in-Chief (A.K., you rock!!!).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. The tropical flowers are stickers that are layered and have glitter on them. Good luck on your move to Nevada for continued studies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Connie, thanks for dropping by my blog and for the well wishes! That's neat about the stickers (they're super cute!) and I really like the cards you've posted on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete