Anywho... the battery is about to die. Hopefully soon I will be settled in enough to post a few pictures. But other than my squeamish bug issue (which really isn't even that big of an issue, I'm just a bit jumpy about it now), things have been going well so far. I plan on going to campus tomorrow to sign my TA contract, get a student ID, and maybe pick up a book. We shall see.

**Update: I'm on a different computer now, which solves the battery issue I mentioned before. As soon as I got off the other computer, beasty spider made another appearance near the couch, which was where I had been sitting when I originally made an attack. It knew where to find me... so I put forth another offensive, this time with kleenex in hopes of squishing the thing more successfully than using the kleenex box earlier (stupid carpet... too soft to kill bugs with hard objects...). Beasty spider must have known I was about to strike because it moved with great speed. I took up higher ground standing on the coffee table (thank goodness it's sturdy!) waiting for spidey to make its next move.
It seemed to want a momentary retreat and headed for the cover of the blinds by the sliding glass door. It was then that I remembered a weapon that I had used years ago on a bug that was too fast for me... something that slows down the agile pests... febreze! (PETA and anyone that harbors sympathies for the spider community... I apologize, but desparate times call for desparate measures... I was hiding on top of the coffee table for goodness sake in my own apartment!) So I ran over to the tubberware bins full of toiletries and cleaning supplies and dug out my trusty trigger bottle of Clean Linen Febreze and took up my post waiting for the spider to show it's ugly large self again. To protect the spider's honor, it put up a valiant fight against my weapon, but eventually my efforts won out and I gave the spider a two-flush burial (and because I'm in the desert I will make sure to conserve more water than usual tomorrow to make up for that excess).
Well, the movie is coming to a close fairly soon. Hopefully I will have calmed down a bit by the end and will be able to get to sleep. I'm definitely glad that I chose to watch the first Harry Potter movie tonight rather than the second... there's no way I'd be able to make it through the giant spider scenes tonight after this ordeal!
Photo: icanhascheezburger.com
Bugs. Why'd it have to be bugs -- slight paraphrase of one of my favorite Indiana Jones lines.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the critters!