She went on to say, however, "...that wouldn't really work seeing that they are made out of paper, computer files, and expectations but I still want to do it." This does complicate her previous statement.
So yeah... I've got a week and two days, basically, until I have to give my ~40 minute present
Two of my fellow students suggested talking to my adviser and asking for another week ("he'll understand" or "he's reasonable" they said). I wonder, are we talking about the same adviser? Nevermind the fact that my situation is completely my fault for not starting much sooner (believe me, I acknowledge that!)... but that's certainly not the impression I get of my adviser, and unless I am completely desperate, I have no desire to ask him for such an extension only to have him complain behind my back again.
I wish my printer was faster... please hurry up.
It really can't hurt to ask. And who cares if they talk, honestly? You've picked a really important topic that merits your intelligent perspective. Lots of times inspiration doesn't come till close to a deadline--for artists, for writers, for scientists. I can't imagine the profs have all been perfectly punctual in their academic pursuits. (Well, maybe Jamie, but he's different--I can tell but the materials Erik has shown me.) I've known a lot of academics and physician-types, and it's the very very rare on that ever makes a deadline. So cut yourself some slack, let those synapses fire, and give it your best shot.
ReplyDeleteSteppign off my soapbox now...