"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat."
~ Beverly Nichols
~ Beverly Nichols
"Where flowers bloom so does hope."
~ Lady Bird Johnson
~ Lady Bird Johnson
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses."
~ Ziggy (single panel comic strip created by Tom Wilson)
~ Ziggy (single panel comic strip created by Tom Wilson)
"Each flower is a soul opening out to nature."
~ Gerald de Nerval
~ Gerald de Nerval
"Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul."
~ Luther Burbank
~ Luther Burbank
"Earth laughs in flowers."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Julie--what a lovely post! Lady Bird Johnson did amazing things to beautify Texas highways. (What is it about the word "bird" lately! Sheesh!) I never knew Emerson said that about flowers. I feel like I just walked through a garden. Thank you!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kathleen. I got a dozen roses the other day (for free! because there was a glitch in the ordering at work and we ended up with a bunch of roses, so if we wanted we got to take them home) and I've been snapping pictures for the last two days (the top 4 pictures are of those roses, the other two are from a while ago). That's kinda been my stress relief in the last day and a half. If you want to see more, you should have Erik show you my newest album on Facebook, which is completely devoted to flowers. Have a good night!
ReplyDeleteI'll be sure to have Erik show me. So these are all original photos?! Could I have your permission to use a photo here and there when I blog, making sure, of course, to credit you? They're so restful and serene. I can see how using them creatively could give you stress relief!
ReplyDeleteNo problemo! :)
ReplyDelete