Wednesday, February 24, 2010

3 for Valentine's, 3 for Birthdays

I've made a few cards recently, but waited to post them so that the post office could do it's thing and get these off to the recipients before I went and ruined the surprise on here. I've been following the blog Mojo Monday which posts sketches or templates of cards. I love them!!! I really like making cards, but I've always struggled a wee bit with coming up with things to do with the papers and layers and such. These are also some of the first cards where I've tried using ribbon successfully. :)

"Manly" version of a Valentine's Day card, for my sweetie


Valentine's Card (red edition)


Valentine's Card (pink edition)


For my uncle's 55th birthday


For my grandma's 80th birthday


For Kelsey's birthday

Yay for (so far) keeping with my goal of not purchasing greeting cards, but making them!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty (and manly). Enjoy links to other card-makers, too. Looks like you've perfected the ribbon, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours was stunning! Very impressive, Julie! And thank you ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I made birthday cards that nice. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Julie--be sure to check my blog for the birthday wishes that keep coming in for you!

    ReplyDelete