From what I had heard of this string of clinics, I expected that we would be waiting in the sitting area for hours before getting to see a doctor. I guess Sunday mornings are a slow time for them, thankfully, because I was seen after a reasonable amount of time. Then the doctor told me that my horribly sore throat was probably just due to a virus... but thank goodness she also wrote me two prescriptions. 1) Typical cough syrup. 2) "Magic" Mouthwash to numb my throat.
At first, I thought the idea of mouthwash that would numb my throat was awesome. I continued to think that until I tried it out. It was then that I realized that it also would numb my tongue and lips. I absolutely hate coming home from the dentist and having that numb feeling all over, so I struggled a lot with this stuff.
But anywho... I didn't go to school the last two days because I didn't want to get other sick, and I needed the rest. Luckily, I didn't miss a lot. One of my classes and a meeting for Monday were canceled, and new homework sets weren't assigned in my other classes. Score!
I slept a lot this weekend, but I did accomplish something else: Halloween decorating!! I don't have a lot of Halloween decorations, but now the apartment is a little more festive. :)
Yucky! I hope you are feeling better!
ReplyDelete