I'm the maid of honor in my friend Kelsey's wedding this July. So, I feel like I should start getting a move on planning the bachelorette party (random aside: I'm a bit ticked that spell-check does not recognize bachelorette as a word... it recommends bachelorhood, bachelor, etc... etc... all things that are related to males... *grumble grumble*). But anyways... I have not been to one of these parties ever, let alone helped to plan one, so I am looking for some input. I know there aren't many people who actually read my blog, and I could simply google a bunch of ideas, but I like to hear ideas from actual people. So, I'm asking for ideas (especially because I know that some of you out there are married or have been in weddings).Other things I'm keeping in mind:
- We probably don't want to spend a lot of money.
- Two of the bridesmaids are expecting, and another is allergic to alcohol. So bar-hopping isn't really an option. It's also expensive, so yeah... probably not so much anyway.
- We might not be in a metropolitan area, so we might be limited with places to go.
Thanks in advance for any input!
Graphic: www.zazzle.com
Never been to one, only seen on tv. A middle-aged conservatrive suggests a garage sale hopping and photograph bride to be with unique items on the adventure and maybe even the mothers-to-be will find bargains on baby/toddler items. Or, scrapbook a bachelorette book of photos and stories/memories...about the bride-to-be. Order pizza and toss a $10 tip to the delivery guy/gal.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Bragging rights to the bridesmaid taking the most "shots" (refers to photos) with Kelsey, safe for all,and be sure to include side views and have a full charge on the camera batteries.
ReplyDelete